Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Who knew life could be this good?

*Sigh.* I love my life. I feel like the luckiest girl on the planet. My fiance is amazing and we can't wait to get married! (We're quite pathetic and I do feel sorry for our roommates, workmates, families....basically anyone who has to spend time around us as we always talk about each other!). Then again, we've lived through this with roommates many times before, so I guess we feel justified now that it's our turn. ;-) Honestly, though, I just didn't understand how happy a person can be! We are so good for each other and so excited to live life together!

Lots of exciting things going on--my old roommate Britta took our engagement pictures last night (I should have some proofs online by Wednesday and I'll definitely post on my blog!), we're narrowing down our home search (seeing a few more properties tonight), and getting more of the details for our married life figured out. The to do list just evolves...

The great part is that we can have a huge long list of errands and have the best time just running errands together (although we are looking forward to life calming down in the New Year).

I also love life because I'm on fall break (the school I teach at is Year-Round schedule, so I get two weeks off in the fall) and still have four days off of school! Yippee! The time off has been great to work on wedding stuff, relax, spend time with my fiance, and get to see my adorable family. My brother in law, John, was running the Bocce ball games at Special Olympics over the weekend so I got to spend long days with him, my sister, my mom, and my adorable nephew on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I love that kid!!

On Sunday, Jonny and I went to his niece's first birthday celebration. They had an Elmo themed party and she was so cute! Her cake was an Elmo head--VERY bright red. By the time she was done she was covered in red (it was a little gruesome looking but adorable). We love our niece and nephew!

Well, hopefully I'll use my time off for many productive things today...like the homework I've been avoiding all week. :-) I'm also going to try to work on my address list for the wedding--so PLEASE send me your address (I seem to have lost my address book...bad timing). Thanks!
Off to another blissful day!

4 comments:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

I knew life could be this good. Congrats on everything. Sounds busy. And I would love to see your announcement, but save the postage and just e-mail it, or post it on your blog. Good luck with the house hunting.

Sam and Rachelle said...

I hear ya!! I sit back almost in disbelief that you can actually be truly happy. Having a great husband is the key to happiness. I am SO happy for you and Jonny!! Congrats on the getting a house. John (my Bro) is having a blast hanging out with the two of you.

Sam and Rachelle said...

You should update with your bridal's! I am excited to see them :)

Janelle said...

Hi Hailey,
Congratulations!!! I'm sorry I couldn't come to your wedding! You look so beautiful, I saw the pictures on Myrica's blog.