Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Breaking the news...

Today was fabulous! As soon as I got to school I found every teacher I could to tell them about my big news. There was much screaming throughout the building (much more than is usually heard on a Tuesday morning at 7am). I decided that I would just wait and see how long it would take my students to catch on. About 9:30 I got impatient and when we were talking about our vocabulary word "ecstatic" I told them that I was very ecstatic and they started guessing why. Eventually someone noticed the ring and I said, "I'm ecstatic because I'm getting married!" The students started screaming and jumping up and down. We spent the next thirty minutes talking about the wedding. My sixth graders want to choose the wedding cake, be the flower girl/ring bearer, ride in our limo, come see me get married, choose the colors, etc. My favorite was the kid who requested we do a fake wedding in our classroom (with me in my real wedding dress) in case they couldn't come. It was really fun! I've also had lots of fun text and voice messages (sorry if I haven't gotten back to you yet...its been a bit crazy! But amazing). I feel so blessed and I can't wait!

p.s. and supposedly I was on Fox 13 news (for having allergies of all things tonight). Random. Fun day!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I think you should have a "fake wedding" in Hawaii!!

Pick dates so we can plan our trip!

I *may* have found a race depending on the day.

-Heather

Turner family said...

Just wanted to leave a little thought for the day! I found this and thought it was GREAT!!!! Hope you enjoy! I love you soooo much!!

Don't you wonder what would happen if we treated our Book of Mormon like we treat our Cell Phones?
What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?
What if we flipped through it several times a day?
What if we spent an hour or more using it every day?
What if we used it to receive messages from the "text"?
What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
What if we gave it to kids as gifts?
What if we used it as we traveled?
What if we used it in case of an emergency?
Oh, and a few more things - Unlike our cell phones, one Plan fits all.
Unlimited usage.
No roaming charges.
You always have reception.
No weak signals AND we don't ever have to worry about our Book of Mormon being disconnected, because our Savior already paid the bill!
--Author Unknown

Adrienne said...

Yay for you Hailey! You look so cute together!